Friday, May 27, 2011

WK4 Publishing/Leadership Project




WK4 Publishing/Leadership Project
As soon to be graduates of the Full Sail University Educational Media Design and Technology Master Degree program, we have been deemed responsible to make a difference. What a waste of time, thought, effort, resource, and energy if we don’t share our experiences during our time here. I have worked until my body tells me “its time for sleep”, yet so many nights I have searched for sleep and it eludes me. My mind just won’t stop. I know that if I stay up until 5Am to work on the next assignment that my next day will be one of exhaustion and I could not risk an entire day of catching up. I have done that and know better now. So I try to find the sleep to be fresh the next day and make it a full one.

I don’t have cable to bring me the “everyday” any more. Cable use to put me into sleepyville right-quick. Now I only have Netflix, DVD, and VHS. To help me sleep, I skimmed through the documentaries on Netflix. Surely, I could find peace of mind listening the calm voices in storytelling…. documentaries can be so….ZZZZ…
Wide eyed and listening, Wii controller in hand, rewinding to hear that again…Lord help me! Call me a geek, but I was totally engaged in the PBS series of the Civil War.

Among many other references, Reading The Art of Possibility and John Brown’s story has been the final push to find the ambition to make a difference despite the obstacles. No worries! I’ll not go to “John Brown” extremes. Rather my point is, I know that my work here will benefit art appreciation. I don’t want to give up on what can be in the educational value gained from the arts. The fight has only just begun and I have become, in my mind, a true leader through my journey here at Full Sail University’s Education Media Design and Technology Master’s Program.

I spoke tonight with Randy Robart about my presentation. He has been a colleague, friend and sounding board of mine since 1999 and has been an officer on the OAEA (Ohio Art Education Association) for about a decade. He told me that they are to print the booklets for the November OAEA Conference this week. Unfortunately, the deadline was May 1 and they had many who submitted to present. I told him that I have a presentation that I have never seen at any of the conferences that I have attended. Therefore, I plan to present in Ohio and/or Pennsylvania the following year. He didn’t let me finish before he said, “Wait! Is your presentation computer based?” He already knew the answer, so laughed, “Of course!” We then began a discussion based on hosting a presentation at our new state of the art facility to the ECOAEA members and affiliates. Possibilities are beautiful….

No comments:

Post a Comment