Sunday, May 29, 2011

WK4 Publishing/Leadership Project


WK4 Publishing/Leadership Project

My leadership project is a presentation that will be offered to OAEA (Ohio Art Education Association) Members and possibly PAEA (Pennsylvania Art Education Members. I have created a keynote slide show that introduces my research regarding engaging my students through technology in Middle school art classes.
In the presentation I summarize my Literature Review, introduce on-line creative and collaborative tools, discuss assignment development, and offer additional resources.

Below are the links to my Think Out Loud posts:

http://leahfrye.blogspot.com/2011/05/wk4-publishingleadership-project.html
http://leahfrye.blogspot.com/2011/05/wk3-free-post-publishleadership-project.html

Below are the links to both my speaker’s notes and the keynote presentation itself:
Keynote:
https://files.me.com/leahfrye/rzhxta.key.zip

Speakers notes:
https://files.me.com/leahfrye/jm2pq0

Review of Tuesday May 24, 2011 and Friday May 27, 2011Wimba Session
I was not able to participate in the Wimba session on Tuesday as I had planned. Unfortunately, my teacher responsibilities had to come first. However, I did view and listen to a couple archive sessions and was pleasantly surprised by the diversity of the presentations. (even though Friday night was music night). I have believed all along that my Action Research focus was common placed. I have never been so relieved to be wrong and humbled by my classmates’ creative ideas.
With that in mind, I want to share my perspective of the presentations that inspired me the most.
-Jim Farmer-
Jim’s slides were mind blowing. I don’t think that most teachers know how to develop such a presentation. I was relieved to know that he is an instructional technology coach with experience in presentation. I’ve learned mountains worth of skills here, but my presentation was a molehill compared. I am grateful to have been able to view his work. I loved his comment, “ You know how to turn a computer on…Why don’t you show everybody how to do stuff”. Our district and the tri-county unit offers many opportunities for technical education for teachers. Many of use know how to use the programs yet I’m not seeing the creative use as Jim Farmer’s presentation offered.
-Rowdy Grandes-
Research that he conducted was similar to mine only his focus for teaching staff was wonderful. This is something that has been more of an option in our district as opposed to required training. Most of our district’s classroom teachers are familiar with the technology that he presented on slide 6. However, much of the alternative technology he mentioned later has been blocked or deemed inappropriate for school use. I loved to hear that many of Rowdy’s teachers “want to know”. The next comment was regarding policies. This is something I need to further investigate in my district. However, experience proves that teachers are most certainly not in control.

-Annie Woodle-
Wonderful job. Good for you to go out there to find the perfect classroom to work with. Best wishes for you!
-Jeannine Berube- I would love to show the applications that you explored, namely JamStudio, to my son. It sounds like he would really enjoy it.
-Amanda McGhee- I wish I could have been there to ask more questions regarding your program in Florida. It sounds like something I want to look into for the future. Thank you for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment